There are over 140 million orphans in the world.
The word “orphan” or “fatherless” is mentioned over 35 times in the bible (click here to see)! Over and over again we are commanded to take care of the fatherless. Orphans are God’s heart, plain and simple.
You don’t have to adopt to obey this call. Some ways to advocate for the orphan include:
1. Sponsor an orphan. We love showHOPE, and Compassion International.
2. Purchase items for Orphans. We love this catalog where you can purchase goods.
3. Become a foster parent. Pray for foster parents, foster care workers, and foster children.
4. Pray for those that are adopting or feel called to adopt. Pray for all the orphans around the world.
5. Support a family that’s adopted by taking them a meal, praying, or donating.
6. Donate to someone’s adoption fund or fundraiser.
7. Donate to orphanages and foster care centers.
If you’re reading this and feel something tugging at your heart, then I beg you to pray and consider the orphan. There is a reason you ended up here, on this site, and on this exact page. Please contact me if you have any questions, I would love to chat with you!