Happy New Year friends! I wanted to start this year off right by talking about last year, ha!
This last Christmas was a lot different than the previous one. Last year Sweet P had just had open heart surgery 2 months prior. So this year I feel like she really got into it a lot more and was able to enjoy herself better. We decided to cut WAY back on the gifts. I can’t even think about the amount she got last year without getting anxious. It was insane, but it was also her first Christmas with us so I don’t regret it.
We originally wanted to do 4 gifts: “Something you want, something you need, something to wear, something to read”. Ha, that quickly turned into 5 or 6 gifts that she was really wanting (plus her stocking). It’s hard to Christmas shop for her with my hubby because he wants to get her everything in the store! Bless him. I am the voice of reason so that’s how we compromised on 5 or 6 gifts.
Some highlights from December include:
- Staying at The Christmas Place in Sevierville
- PJ day at School
- Baba’s birthday and taking a quick road trip just the two of us
- Realizing we were the cover family for Holt International’s Magazine
- Sweet P’s first Christmas Play at church and she was an Angel
- Casey’s work dinner with the team he manages
- Sweet P’s school program
- Almost getting to move in to the farmhouse but not yet!
- Casey surprising me with a painting from my favorite artist
- Celebrating Christmas early at Nana’s
- Taking a ride on the North Pole Limited
- Making a gingerbread train
- Christmas Eve service at Church and also when Sweet P received her gift from her grandparents: A Frozen jeep
- Christmas Day celebrating Jesus’ birthday. Getting to see it through Sweet P’s eyes with her pure joy and excitement
- Dollywood with Nana and Mimi. Getting to see shows, ride rides (it was warm!), and seeing the new parade